Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Quantico Training

Myself and Jeremy posing like BAMFs on a 50cal
I am back from my 2 week AT in Quantico. I learned many "useful" things I can take with me to Iraq. Marine Logistics at its best we had 380 Marines, 2 buses (44 persons per), 4 seven tons (16 persons per) and approximately 5-6 Humvees (8 persons per), no matter how you slice that it equals a 2.5 hour travel time to a training site 30 minutes away. The most useful thing I got out of the training was we got a chance to know the Marines we will be going over with. You quickly learn who is competent, and who needs help.

If you are in the Quantico area I highly recommend visiting the USMC national museum.

Here are some photos I took while on AT.
http://picasaweb.google.com/will.purdue/Quantico

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the photos, Will! It made it so real to see everyone doing their daily activities. What did your group think about having a photographer in their midst? I'm glad you got into some pictures too, it reminded me of Where's Waldo with all the guys in camo! I also appreciated your commentary. Hurry up and wait seems to be an over riding theme. Really enjoyed seeing the Marine Museum, too. Great place! Barb Novak