Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Pass the A1

The other day we were sitting in the chow hall wondering, "Where is the steak sauce?" Sure we all came to war, but Wednesday night is surf and turf night and here we are eating steak and shrimp in the desert. Of course we were only joking about not having steak sauce on the table. One has to wonder though. I can't say its terribly fun here, I still havn't made it to the MWR center yet or the base movie theater. One good thing about my section's job is the simple fact that all of a sudden someone will go "Wow its 17:00 already" and its then you realize you've worked all day and really havn't noticed the time.

-W

3 comments:

bnovak said...

Glad to hear that time is flying by and you get good surf and turf dinners. : ) Do they have shrimp sauce in Iraq? Are the meals during your 16 hour work day or do you have to eat dinner after you finish your work? Hang in there!
Carolyn's Mom

Unknown said...

Great Bog, God Bless America & Great Britian on the War on Terror,

Mack.

Semper Fi Mom said...

I'm so glad I found your blog! I am a mom to a Marine Cpl on his first deployment too and also mom to a Marine LCpl.