Thursday, November 29, 2007

Black Friday Sale in Iraq

It cracks me up, Will sent am email to me talking about the Black Friday Sale at the PX over there. You can't get much more of a captive audience than the guys living on the Bases, yet they still offer sales and promotions.

On a completely different topic, the deadline for holiday shipping is coming up. I believe they'd like the packages by Dec 4th, but the 11th is the Priority Flat Rate Shipping deadline. Typically packages sent to him have been arriving in about a week. I expect it to be slower around the holidays. It has gotten cooler there, so things melting are not the same risk they were at the beginning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Will,
I was thinking about you and checked out your latest blog. I wanted to say hello and I hope you are doing ok. Take care and try to keep in good spirits, I know you said they don't really do the holidays there, but try to think about how pretty the Christmas decorations are here and maybe that will help you through. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Stacey

Anonymous said...

Black Friday sales at the PX----that’s just too funny. There is something surreal about standing in the middle of the mall at 4 a.m. with hundreds of other sleep deprived bargain hunters---but the PX. I’m trying to imagine that. Did you find any great bargains? I would hate to think I missed out on a good sale.
Hang in there Sgt. Will. I know it must be hard to be away from home, especially during the holidays. Just remember that we are all thinking about you guys and sending good thoughts and best wishes your way.
Debra